Baby:
My little bean is now 2 1/2 - 3 inches from head to butt and body systems are almost completely formed. He-She only weighs about half an ounce! That's like 14 paperclips.
"The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder."
Me:
Its already making urine and already moving?! That is crazy to me. I can't wait to feel the moving. I still just feel like I've gained weight and am sick a lot. But really there is a tiny human growing in there. Weird! I've gotten to the point that I can't (comfortably) wear my normal pants/jeans/shorts without leaving them un-buttoned. I'm glad someone invented the belly band and all maternity clothes. They may be too big right now, but they are so much more comfortable than trying to squeeze into clothes that don't fit.
We can't wait to find out what we are having so we can start planning and I can start making baby stuff! I'm thinking its going to be a boy. Jake is sure its a girl because of a dream he had.
What do you think?


I'm guessing a girl :)
ReplyDelete