pregnancy calendar

Friday, June 8, 2012

24-hours-a-day-sickness

Who ever named it "morning sickness" was obviously not a woman, had never experienced pregnancy, and wasn't close with a woman who had ever been pregnant. April was one long month spent "driving the bus" in the bathroom. I don't think I've ever thrown up so much in the rest of my life combined. Jeesh! This little alien isn't even the size of a lime and its making me this sick. Its pretty crazy/amazing/weird all the things your body does when you are pregnant. Someone had one elaborate engineering project when they came up with women.  I'm constantly surprised by the things my body just knows its supposed to do now that there is a tiny human growing in me.  For example, my body just slows down digestion in order to consume as much nutrients as it can for the tiny human. No so fun side effects for me though :) Or how women frequently get runny/stuffy noses because your body over produces mucus to prevent illness.  Crazy. Anyway, I finally decided I was spending too much time in the bathroom throwing up when I couldn't really keep anything down. My OB gave me Phenergren and that has helped drastically. He reminded me it wouldn't completely take the nausea away, but hey, it's something!  I'm trying to remind myself that I'm not just sick but its difficult when its too small to feel/notice.
10 weeks 5 days
I'm growing human eyelids today.  What are you doing?  :-)

1 comment:

  1. karleigh i think this is such a cute idea! thanks for letting me be part of your journey :) just remember every pregnancy is different :) love you and am so excited for you and jake

    ReplyDelete