Now that we had made the decision to have kids. I was more than excited to stop taking birth control. But like everything else in my life that I get excited about, I wanted it to happen now. Of course that isn't how it happens. I was actually rather surprised that none of the OB's I researched did a pre-pregnancy visit. They all just said, "that's great you decided to try and have kids... go for it. Call us when you get a positive test." For some reason I thought there would be some sort of check up, do this, don't eat this, avoid this, etc. So after calling different OB offices was no help, I just started answering my own questions by researching online and such. After a long enough time I was getting very discouraged and thinking it was something I was or wasn't doing that was making this not work. It was taking long enough that I went to the doctor about it and he started me on my first round of Clomid. (this is the pill that has a slight risk of having multiples) So after the first round I was at work and counting the days. I wasn't very late, but that was usual with me. I decided to make use of my work surroundings and ran a hcg quant on myself. (hcg is the pregnancy hormone, the hcg quant test tells you how much hcg is present in your blood) I didn't expect anything to be different I didn't feel any different. I had heard alot of people say, you just know when you're pregnant. Well I didn't feel pregnant because I probably caught it at the first possible moment. The tech that ran the test for me came over and said, well, I don't know. I looked at the results. A normal menstruating woman will have hcg levels anywhere from 0-5. My results came back at 26. I was trying to not get too excited because it was really early still. To be completely honest on a very rare occasion a tumor could be a cause of elevated hcg levels. I was pretty sure that wasn't the case but there still is a risk of miscarriage. Anyway, I had the tech print out the results for me. On the drive home I was having a serious battle in my head about whether or not to tell Jake right then. I decided I would wait. But then I got home. I tried to keep it to myself for as long as I could. But then I said, "you know what hcg is right?" he said he did and I just handed Jake the print out. He looked confused at first. I explained to him the reference range of normal levels. He got a smile on his face and then said so....."what does this mean?"
"I think it means I might be pregnant."
A week later I ran the test again to see if my hcg levels were climbing, and they were.
This began the long long few weeks of fighting to keep my mouth shut!! :)

Who's your daddy, what does he say. :)gma jewel
ReplyDelete